The Befriend Korea Program offers engaging presentations and activities to visiting groups, in English or Korean, providing a broad introduction to Korea, its culture, history, society, status today, and the KCC itself. All types of groups are welcome, including students at all levels, Taekwondo schools, government and military personnel, and tour groups. Presentations are tailored based on group age and type, and visits usually also include a Q&A and tour of the Korean Cultural Center's exhibition spaces. Groups of 10 to 60 persons are welcome, and visits generally last 60 to 90 minutes.
To schedule a visit, please complete the form below AND send a followup email with your contact information to AWOJ@koreaembassy.org at least two weeks prior to the requested date. Staff will reply to you as soon as possible to discuss and confirm your visit -- thank you for your patience!
Visiting the Old Korean Legation
In addition to the Korean Cultural Center, visitors are also welcome at the Old Korean Legation, located in DC's Logan Circle neighborhood. This historic building served as Korea's first US diplomatic mission and was recently restored to its early 20th century conditions, including a museum and educational visitor space. To schedule a visit, either separately or in concert with a KCC visit, please visit the Old Korean Legation website for details. Please note that the form below is still required for a visit the the KCC, with or without an additional visit to the legation. Generally, KCC visits provide a broad introduction to Korea and culture, whereas a legation visit focuses on the significance and historical context of the legation itself.
Please note the following steps and terms regarding the Befriend Korea Program and KCC visits:
1. After completing the form below, please email AWOJ@koreaembassy.org to follow up. Email confirmation from KCC staff is required before your visit is confirmed.
2. Start time should be 9:30-11 am or 1:30-4 pm. Time availability is not guaranteed, but we'll do our best!
3. The programs for a scheduled visits typically last 60-90 minutes. Please inform us of any special requests.
4. All visitors consent to photo and video recording which might be used for our informational publications or social media, unless groups explicitly request otherwise.
5. Although unlikely, the KCC may need to cancel and reschedule a visit under extenuating circumstances.